December 2, 2009

What a Decade!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEET, SILLY WHITTERBUG!


We got to celebrate Whitney's birthday over the Thanksgiving holiday and I am blown away by the fact that my baby is 10 years old.
Whitney, you are such a unique, amazing and talented young woman. I can not wait to see what you do with the rest of your life because it is so much a part of your nature to make the rest of world stand up and take a look at you. Wherever you go, you bring your own perspective and leave a mark unlike that of anyone else.

Looking back on the last ten years, I wish I had your memory instead of mine. You have an uncanny ability to remember detail that I really am jealous of, as I can't remember yesterday half the time. Watching you go from chubby cheeks and pig tails to a very independent and "cool" big sister has been such a joy. I'm so happy that our friendship has grown so much over the last couple of years. Now, I love being able to talk with you about grown-up kinds of things, and I'm excited that our interests are getting more the same. You are a wonderful big sister and cousin, and I love to watch you play with all the babies- it just makes a big smile come to my face. You are just one amazing girl! Daddy and I love you so much as does all the rest of your huge combined family. And Yes...you will always be my Little WhitterBug- Happy Birthday!

Whit playing "Sing It" on the Wii- she LOVES music and singing!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Whitney:
Thank you mom! When you wrote all of that, I feel good inside. I love You too and I know that you and me are best buddies. I hope you have a great time when it's YOUR birthday.
Hugs & Kisses,
Whitney

Lisa said...

Wow! I can't believe she's 10 yrs. old either. I remember when she was a baby. She is such a cute girl :)

Shane and Brandi said...

Happy Birthday Whitney! You have grown up so much. You are a beautiful young women.

Patterson Family said...

What a sweet post-I love the cute comment she left you as well. Time really goes by too fast! Happy Birthday Whit- you are one awesome girl!

The last picture of her looks like she is holding a baby under the water. LOL Is that breken? Haha

Grandma Jean said...

All I can say is ditto! I can't imagine my life without that little girl in it! I knew just about the first time I saw her sweet face and watched her dance to "wiggles" that she was special. Grandma loves her whitterbug too!