October 9, 2008

Nothing Like a Phone Call

Yesterday afternoon, I was surprised to find out that Blaine earned the right to call home. He called last night and it was SO GREAT to talk to him! He sounds like he's doing really well, and that he's happy. He is off all of his meds. already and so he must be doing something right and trying to work really hard. I can imagine that after the "week 2 slow down" it must have been a rough week for him, but I hope that getting to call home was the boost he needed to keep on pushing along. I got my long awaited answer that YES, I will have a husband present for the birth of our baby. I do have to re-schedule my c-section for a few days later if possible and stay pregnant a little longer, but man, is it worth it. Yippee! Go Blaine- way to win that call home!

4 comments:

Lyric said...

OH THAT IS SOOOO GREAT!!! You got me to cry because I am SO happy for you. I know how much of a stress that was for you ... not having him home for the birth! What a blessing!

Cristina said...

That is so cool that he is going to be there when the baby is born. It will be exciting to see how much he has already changed. I wonder what challenge he won to win the right to call home. He is awesome. Way to go Blaine!!!!

Autumn said...

Yay Jennie! I'm so happy for you guys that Blaine gets to be home for the delivery!! Congratulations! I cannot wait to see how he won that phone call home!! Go Blaine!!!

Our Family said...

That is SOOO great that he got to call and gets to come home for the birth of the baby. I just have to give you mad props. I don't know how I could do it without my husband. You are so strong, and I know your family will be blessed for this experience!!