Okay so I've been a little anxious to hear from Blaine, as if you couldn't tell. Anyway, I finally got his first letter and it was so great to hear from him. He said that things are going well, but definitely harder than he tried to prepare himself for. At first he was having a little bit of a hard time, but he said after getting all the results of his testing back it really made him change how he felt about everything and has really been re-motivating for him. He realizes how badly he needs to make these changes and get healthy. He is very excited about a couple of break-through's that he has made, although he can't tell me about them at all (details, details!). He is missing the kids like crazy of 'course, but that too is kind of helping him keep his focus on the goals ahead. He said the food is really good, but it's actually even kind of hard to eat all the calories that they are supposed to. Dane and him are still doing well together and they're getting really close, which makes me happy he's got someone there to lean on. He sounds like he's hanging in there, and I'm soooooo proud of him!!!He hasn't really asked for anything I can send him except his bike riding gear (shoes, gloves, etc.) which he already has....I'm guessing he is on the bike a lot because of his knees. But one thing he did ask for was his passport- yikes! I don't like the sound of that. I really wish I knew when he was in or out of the country! Still don't know if we will see him for the baby- we'll have to wait and see!
5 comments:
How cool that you finally got to hear from him. I am glad to hear that all seems to be going well. I am excited to hear more.
When was this picture taken?
GO BLAINE! I want to know where he's going! Guess I'll just have to watch and find out ... this is so weird! I'm happy that you got a letter from him. If we want to send him a letter do we just send it to you first?
i am glad he is doing well. i am sure it was hard at first but that is good he and dane have each other. i do like the sound of a passport... how fun! except, when they went to australia they had to do some crazy hard stuff. but hey, at least they are not just going to the grand canyon.
This whole thing is so cool! I can't wait to watch and see where he is going!! Jennie...I can't believe your baby thingy says you only have 14 days to go!! Wow!!! So excited for all of the things that are happening in your lives right now!!! Love you!! Hang in there!!
Post a Comment